It’s a familiar phrase to any Mainer who followed the New England Patriots’ dynasty years under Tom Brady and Bill Belichick: “Do your job!”
But it rubbed Senate President Troy Jackson (D-Allagash) the wrong way when an Aroostook County business owner sent him those words in a Facebook message.
“I got nothing to do with your Trump god,” Jackson barked back.
“Also, it isn’t in the Constitution that you decide who you want to vote for, it is that is your right to vote,” he explained.
“Don’t bother me with your foolishness. I don’t even know you,” he said.
The following screencaps were shared with the Maine Wire:
More Maine Wire reporting on Troy Jackson:
- Maine Senate President Troy Jackson Locked in Bitter Legal Fight Over Augusta Home He Bought – and Moved Into – in 2019
- Payments to Troy Jackson for Travel, Lodging Nearly Doubled After He Bought Home in Augusta, Totaled $160k from 2019-2023
- The Mortgage Broker Troy Jackson Threw Under the Bus Denies Wrongdoing: “Something seems a little fishy here”
- “Insurance Fraud is Not a Victimless Crime”: Senior House Republican Calls for Mills Admin to Investigate Troy Jackson’s Insurance Practices
- Troy Jackson Admits: He “Never Really Read” FHA Mortgage Doc He Signed and Failed to Satisfy