The Maine State Controller’s office has released state payroll data for 2013. Here’s a list of the top ten highest paid state employees:
10. Sheila G. Pinette – $163,480.96 – Department of Health and Human Services, State Health Officer and Director of the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention
9. Leigh I. Saufley – $177,244.62 – Judicial Department, Maine Supreme Court Chief Justice
8. Hugh T. Corbett – $188,154.45 – Maine Military Authority, Executive Director
7. Stephen D. Sears – $188,154.45 – Department of Health and Human Services, Public Service Coordinator III
6. Judy A. Burk – $194,774.00 – Dorothea Dix Psychiatric Center, Physician III
5. Michelle W. Gardner – $195,026.45 – Department of Health and Human Services, Dorothea Dix Psychiatric Center, Clinical Director
4. Lindsey J. Tweed – $199,337.19 – Department of Health and Human Services, Physician III
3. George E. Davis – $199,492.06 – Department of Health and Human Services, Riverview Psychiatric Center, Physician III
2. Rachel S. Harrow – $200,606.40 – Department of Health and Human Services, Dorothea Dix Psychiatric Center, Physician III
1. Margaret S. Greenwald – $202,822.09 – Chief Medical Examiner, Attorney General
(Note: An earlier version of this list incorrectly identified the departments in which the following state employees work. We regret the error. This list does not include employees of the University of Maine System, the Community College System, the Maine State Housing Authority or the Maine Turnpike Authority.)
I love how 7 are women! No more glass ceiling!:)
Notice 7 of these are DHHS. Taxpayer Money! What??? Think about that.there is over $1 million in wages for the 7 that work for DHHS. I guess we know why the federal Government is in Debt.
No wonder there was so much screaming when Lepage surfaced a plan to close the Dix pavillion…Reminds me of the dozen psychiatrists who lived rather well at AMHI; but rarely had results to show for all the money they were paid….ah, but their research publications using inmates where just wonderful!
Someone blogged that USM had performing artist(female) who was getting paid over $300,000. true or not?
Why the exclusions of several departments?
I thought men made more than women… More lies from the left revealed. Their entire existence is a lie.
If you want to talk “public” employees. Let’s talk corporate welfare. The CFO of eastern Maine health makes over $2.2 million.
Hey LePage… Time for these people to take a pay cut…. You want to cut food stamps for the poor people in Maine>>>>>?????? Why not start there???? There is no way these people should be naking this much $…
How much does Mary Mayhem make?
Does anyone have a clue what they would earn in the private sector? Just because they make more than us doesnt mean the pay is out of line. #10 is a Lapage appointee. She is a physician who heads the Maine Center for Disease Control, what would be an appropriate salary? The governor had a hard time filling the top positions because the pay was so low compared to what they were making outside of govt.
Why does Health and Human Services have so many 6 figure salaries? Something smells there.
Fire the dhhs
To everyone complaining about these salaries.. They are NOT that much. They went to school, got an education, and work hard for their money. STOP whining about what you don’t have. How is this even an article?