The Maine Wire
  • News
  • Commentary
  • The Blog
  • About
  • Support the Maine Wire
  • Store
Facebook Twitter Instagram
Trending News
  • From Logging Blockades to Abolishing ICE: What Happened to Troy Jackson’s Views on Foreign Labor?
  • Five Candidates Line Up to Challenge for Lewiston Mayor as Sheline Seeks Third Term
  • Jill Biden’s Latest Excuse For Joe: ‘Someone May Have Drugged Him Before Disastrous 2024 Debate’
  • ‘Greedy Political Consultants To Blame For Denying The Risqué Side Of Ill-Suited Graham Platner’
  • Border Czar Tom Homan Was in Maine Days Before Farmers Warned of Possible ICE Surge
  • Sudanese Immigrant Living in Portland Pleads Guilty to Drug Charges, Faces Up to 20 Years in Prison
  • Rockland Woman Busted with Drugs and a Loaded Firearm
  • Maine Awarded $5M in Federal Weatherization Funds
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
The Maine Wire
Saturday, August 22
  • News
  • Commentary
  • The Blog
  • About
  • Support the Maine Wire
  • Store
The Maine Wire
Home » News » Crime » Martha’s Vineyard Man Pleads Guilty to Armed Bank Robbery, Conspiracy Charges
Crime

Martha’s Vineyard Man Pleads Guilty to Armed Bank Robbery, Conspiracy Charges

Steve RobinsonBy Steve RobinsonSeptember 11, 2024Updated:September 11, 20242 Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Email LinkedIn Reddit
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email

An Edgartown man has pleaded guilty to charges related to an armed bank robbery on Martha’s Vineyard, federal prosecutors said Tuesday.

Miquel Antonio Jones, 33, admitted in federal court to one count of conspiracy to commit armed bank robbery and one count of armed bank robbery and aiding and abetting. U.S. District Court Judge William G. Young scheduled Jones’ sentencing for Dec. 2.

Jones was initially indicted in March 2023, and additional charges were brought in April, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts.

Prosecutors say Jones, along with co-conspirators Omar Johnson, Tevin Porter, and allegedly Romane Clayton, met on Nov. 16, 2022, to plan the heist. Jones reportedly identified the Rockland Trust Bank in Tisbury as their target and supplied the others with dark clothing and plastic masks resembling an elderly man.

The next morning, Porter, Johnson, and Jones forced their way into the bank, armed with semi-automatic handguns, authorities said. One of the men allegedly held a gun to a bank employee’s head, forcing them to open the vault, from which the robbers took approximately $39,100. The bank employees were then bound with duct tape and plastic zip ties, according to court documents.

After the robbery, the group fled in a bank employee’s vehicle, picked up Clayton, and drove to the Manuel Correllus State Forest where they abandoned the car, prosecutors said. They then allegedly escaped in another vehicle that had been left for their getaway.

Jones and Johnson later disposed of the robbery equipment at a local farm, authorities said, where they reportedly buried the firearms and burned the masks. The stolen cash was hidden in Jones’ bedroom, according to prosecutors.

Johnson and Porter have also pleaded guilty and are awaiting sentencing. Clayton is scheduled to plead guilty on Sept. 12, 2024.

Jones faces up to 25 years in prison for the armed bank robbery charge, while the conspiracy charge carries a maximum sentence of five years. Both charges also include fines of up to $250,000. Sentencing will be determined by federal guidelines.

The investigation was led by the FBI’s Boston Division with assistance from several local and federal agencies, including the Cape & Islands District Attorney’s Office, the Massachusetts State Police, and numerous local police departments.

Previous ArticleFour Charged in $1 Million Insurance Fraud Scheme Involving Phony Foreign Gun Shot Wounds, Stabbings
Next Article DOJ Sues Maine for Allegedly Violating the ADA by Separating Children from Families
Steve Robinson
  • Twitter

Steve Robinson is the Editor-in-Chief of The Maine Wire. ‪He can be reached by email at [email protected].

Latest News

From Logging Blockades to Abolishing ICE: What Happened to Troy Jackson’s Views on Foreign Labor?

August 22, 2026

Five Candidates Line Up to Challenge for Lewiston Mayor as Sheline Seeks Third Term

August 22, 2026

Jill Biden’s Latest Excuse For Joe: ‘Someone May Have Drugged Him Before Disastrous 2024 Debate’

August 22, 2026
0 0 votes
Article Rating
2 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Gardiner Schneider
Gardiner Schneider
1 year ago

The names might not sound run of the mill U S of A, but no pictures. Why?

0
T C
T C
1 year ago

You know why.

0
Recent News

Five Candidates Line Up to Challenge for Lewiston Mayor as Sheline Seeks Third Term

August 22, 2026

Jill Biden’s Latest Excuse For Joe: ‘Someone May Have Drugged Him Before Disastrous 2024 Debate’

August 22, 2026

‘Greedy Political Consultants To Blame For Denying The Risqué Side Of Ill-Suited Graham Platner’

August 22, 2026

Border Czar Tom Homan Was in Maine Days Before Farmers Warned of Possible ICE Surge

August 22, 2026

Sudanese Immigrant Living in Portland Pleads Guilty to Drug Charges, Faces Up to 20 Years in Prison

August 22, 2026
Newsletter

News

  • News
  • Campaigns & Elections
  • Opinion & Commentary
  • Media Watch
  • Education
  • Media

Maine Wire

  • About the Maine Wire
  • Advertising
  • Contact Us
  • Submit Commentary
  • Complaints
  • Maine Policy Institute

Resources

  • Maine Legislature
  • Legislation Finder
  • Get the Newsletter
  • Maine Wire TV

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Steam RSS
  • Post Office Box 7829, Portland, Maine 04112

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

wpDiscuz